Earlier this year I posted the first part of 'Around the world in 80 ways' focussing on API supply chains. Here as promised is part 2.
I joined the MHRA as a GMDP Inspector in January 2013. My position involves inspecting domestic and overseas manufacturers and also UK importers. I previously worked in the pharmaceutical industry for 19 years, where I held roles in a number of areas including development, scale-up, process validation, outsourcing, regulatory affairs and QA.
The supply chain for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) has been increasing in complexity for a number of years with the potential for a number of players to be involved, with multiple possible routes around the world available (significantly more than …
Related content and links
About the MHRA Inspectorate Blog
This blog shares the work of the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) Inspectorate, by inspectors and those the Inspectorate works with.
MHRA Inspectorate & Process Licensing Organogram
Other MHRA Blogs
Comments and moderation
- MHRA and US FDA tackle challenging data integrity
- Get involved and tell us your pharmacovigilance hot topics
- Transfer of analytical methods
- Too good to be true? How to play your part in protecting the UK medicines supply chain (updated)
- Is your eSystem actually an eCRF (electronic case report form)?